This is my project of documenting food during my study in UK 2012/13 under Chevening Scholarship. Many friends have requested me to do this and I think it's a great project to pick up. Who says study abroad means instant noodles, fast food restaurants and eating out all the time? Who says that it has to be fancy, expensive and time consuming.... hehehe... let's break that with a little bit of TLC from your own kitchen.

Enjoy!

Sunday 24 February 2013

5 Minutes (Microwave) Chocolate Cake



You plan a lot of things but sometimes life just throw you obstacles that deviate those plans.
I must admit this past 3 months has almost been hell. Grappled MA study with a 2 y/o abroad is a not kidding life especially when you course requires a hands-on, 'small projects' etc. I now have so much respects to mothers everywhere and especially, to single mothers and to be more specific Full-time student single mom. It's a back-breaking, heart-breaking and zombie-ing juggling efforts.
These 3 months gave me an insights to the bible words that God never give you challenge more than you can handle, which means God already prepared all you need in the exact time you needed the most. Your part of the deal is to put in the effort and hold on to the faith. Not easy, I made decisions I regrets but eventually, I learned. Along the line, I must dissapoints some people whom I cannot fully rendered myself as it used to. Gosh, as someone whose always into something and give everything a go... I must bite my lip and refrain myself from joining all the exciting and happening things around me... Hehehehe, my bestfriend said one day on our chat, "Honey, it's called growing up". Hmmm... I am not sure I agree with that.

Anyhow, today Tania and I stayed at home and tried to clean up... (that is me cleaning and Tania trailed behind me strewing with her toys, doh!). So before dinner we got a little creative and decide to try this recipe which my beloved Husband downloaded for me on my iPad. I was skeptical at first but when it is done... boy o boy... It taste heavenly!!! Hehehehe... There's no easy and instant way to solve my life problems but there is this 5 minutes chocolate cake (10 mins plus prep time).


Source:  5 Minutes Recipe Book

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp  Plain Flour - make sure you measure it right for perfect cake
4 Tbsp Sugar -  I only use 3 1/2
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa   - or chunks of chocolate if you like
2 Tbsp whisked egg
3 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Chocolate Chips - add more if you like
A splash of vanilla flavouring

You also need 1 Microwaveable Coffee cup or a Microwaveable small bowl. Original recipe use Coffee Cup but I don't have one so I use a small bowl.

A good measuring spoon will be great if not just use ordinary spoon.

Directions:
  1. First, Whisk 1 egg in a separate Mug
  2. Add all of the dry ingredients to the mug (or container) and mix.
  3. Add egg (2 Tbsp) and combine well
  4. Stir in the milk and oil
  5. Add the chocolate Chips and Splash of vanilla. Stir well. (Note: On the last minutes I saw some leftovers chopped Pecan nuts and decided to dunk them in as well)
  6. Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w Microwave oven or 4 minutes and 20 seconds in a 800w Microwave oven. 
After 2 mins you will notice it crowning. Don't panic it will collapse once the heat stops.



Verdict:
The cake taste superb despite my skepticism. It's crunchy on the outside and gooey soft in the middle. When left outside for a while it gets hardened but still taste very good. It's like having a biscotti.  --

One happy Custumer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...