This is my project of documenting food during my study in UK 2012/13 under Chevening Scholarship. Many friends have requested me to do this and I think it's a great project to pick up. Who says study abroad means instant noodles, fast food restaurants and eating out all the time? Who says that it has to be fancy, expensive and time consuming.... hehehe... let's break that with a little bit of TLC from your own kitchen.

Enjoy!

Sunday 21 July 2013

Krengsengan Domba // East Java Lamb Stew



I got tired of eating chicken and beef so Lamb is the next thing I want. However, I do not have any recipe for lamb so after some internet browsing I decided to try the recipe from MasakanMama .
It was a great choice. I use the lamb chops I bought from the reduced price shelves..

Top Tip: do check on the reduced price shelves you find lots of great things. I usually go for meat which was on the day of their used by date. Then the meats go straight to freezer to be use later.
The lamb chops (4 piece) I bought was almost 5 Pounds (original price). On the Reduced Price Shelves it is 1.99 Pounds. Good buy I'll say!

Krengsengan is the food from East Java, Indonesia. my main reason to choose this is for the use of sweet soy sauce. I love sweet soy sauce. Below is the recipe after I made some few changes from the original. Do refer to the original by clicking the above link.

Ingredients:
4 lamb chops - you can use other part of the lamb
3 - 4 tbsps Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce
1 tsp terasi - or just use Shrimp paste
1 big chili - I use the one that is less fiery. Do use the more fiery one like bonnet chilli or the bird eye chili.
2 cups water

Ingredient to be ground to a paste - use a pestle and mortar or  food processor
4 shallots
2 garlics
1 cm ginger
1/2 tsp whole white pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Direction:

Cara membuat Krengsengan :

  • Tumis bumbu yang sudah dihaluskan sampai harum.
  • Masukkan irisan daing kambing, aduk sampai berubah warna.
  • Masukkan tomat, kecap manis, petis udang dan cabe merah. Aduk sampai layu.
  • Tambahkan air, masak dengan api kecil sampai kuah kental dan daging empuk.
  • Angkat... Sajikan saat masih hangat..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...